Well-established retail butchers with a renowned reputation amongst local residents in Bedfordshire. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover and popular local business in an area teeming with customers.
The business was founded by the current owners approximately 12 years ago. The business has been a real labour of love for them accruing an impressive number of regular customers along with a fantastic reputation for customer care and service along with competitive pricing.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with heavy hearts only due to the owners wishes to enjoy well-earned retirements. They are keen to see their beloved butchers pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
They offer a great range of quality produce both home made and locally sourced such as handmade sausages, quality cooked meats, bacons and complimentary products. The business is well known for its sausages with customers travelling many miles to purchase. From the more traditional Lincolnshire and the famous County’s Best pork, to their exotic Moroccan Lamb and South African Boerewors. Other products include;
- Homemade Pies
- Sausage Rolls
- Ready Meals
- Marinated Meats
- BBQ packs
The company is well known for its ‘Go Large Meal Deals’.
The sale will include the company Facebook page (subject to negotiation) and a new 2 year old sign refrigerated van. The business enjoys great visibility on the internet along with great reviews such as;
- “Love the people, the service you receive and never disappointed with the food!“
- “Great choice of meats, always good quality and served with a free smile“
- “The best meat and home produce available in the local area”
Scope to improve –
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
- Website to extol the products and services offered
- Develop the outside catering side of the business
- Introduce a customer loyalty card/ scheme.
Reasons to buy –
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Prime trading position with little or no competition locally
- Low running costs with inexpensive and no business rates
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
Very rarely do butchers of this calibre come to the open market so early enquiry is highly recommended.
This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 2 full-time and 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are –
Monday – 07:30-17:30
Tuesday – 07:30-17:30
Wednesday – 07:30-17:30
Thursday – 07:30-17:30
Friday – 07:30-17:30
Saturday – 07:30-17:00
Sunday – Closed
The business is located in Bedfordshire.
The business is ideally positioned in a small but unusually busy and vibrant shopping parade and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses including a Co-Op, barbers and hairdressers and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. There is free parking in a public car park close by as well as free on street parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.