Quote Reference B05769
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Kelvins Butchers which is a well-established retail butchers shop with a renowned reputation amongst residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with customers.
This is generally reputed to be one of the oldest butchery businesses in the Bristol area and is believed to date back to 1890.
The current owner has run it as Kelvins Butchers since 1998 and the business has flourished under his ownership accruing an impressive number of regular customers and a fantastic reputation, the business really has been a labour of love for him and is now only being sold, albeit very reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so that he can enjoy a well-earned retirement, he is keen to see his beloved butchers shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Kelvins Butchers sells a great selection of products including:
- Christmas Meat Hampers.
- Whole hams.
The business has an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom are known on a first name basis by the vendor who is a popular and well-respected member of the local community.
Scope to improve:
- Advertising and marketing campaign.
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook and Twitter.
- Website, ideally with an online ordering facility.
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher.
- Extend the opening hours.
- Introduce a customer loyalty card/ scheme.
- Expand the product range stocked, perhaps fruit and vegetables etc.
- Introduce a delivery service.
- Approach local pubs, restaurants, residential homes etc with a view to becoming their preferred supplier.
Reasons to Buy:
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers.
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity.
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
- Includes living accommodation or immediate rental income.
- Prime trading position in an unusually busy and vibrant shopping centre.
- Little or no competition locally.
- Lots of residential building in the area which will increase foot fall considerably.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that Kelvins Butchers is being sold as a Freehold business opportunity.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.
Monday to Saturday: 08.00 – 17.00
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of one full time and two part time members of staff.
Kelvins Butchers generates an advised current turnover of circa £231,000 per annum with a healthy gross profit. For further information please quote reference B05769.More details Share on twitter