JOB PURPOSE/PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
Progress the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems ensuring full compliance.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Technical Director
- Day to day effective management of the Technical Team. Manage, mentor team and promote positivity and right first time attitude. Support Technical Director as required.
- Manage and implement Policy and Technical standards in line with regulatory and customer requirements to ensure that the Quality Management System is regularly reviewed in compliance with BRC and is subject to continual improvement. Drive continuous improvement through review & implementation of new legislation, codes of practice and industry standards.
- To ensure that all products produced are of the highest Safety and Quality standards & in accordance to agreed customer specifications. Ensuring regular product assessment are completed in compliance to the Kepak standards and meet or exceed customer requirements as outlined in specifications.
- Developing supplier Relationships – discuss KPI scores, non-conformances & topic issues, and emerging hazards.
- Ensure the necessary systems & procedure to monitor, validate and ensure integrity, quality, consistency & compliance are in place.
- Training & development and Performance appraisals for Technical Team.
- Mentor team and aid in problem solving, showing best in class attitude and way of working to promote efficiency and professionalism within the Technical Team and wider Kepak team.
- To be the HACCP team leader and Lead Auditor.
- Ensure that the division is continuously in a state of audit readiness to meet all sections and clauses of the BRC Agents and Broker standard.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the operation through the analysis of customer complaints, accreditation status, microbial monitoring performance, supplier appraisal, contractor’s reports etc.
- Responsible for the Management of customer complaints.
- Support Product Innovation and manage all Technical requirements to bring a product from ideation to launch.
- Keep up to date with emerging legislation through contact with FSAI, Campden, Leatherhead, horizon scanning and other centres of excellence
- Liaise first-hand with customers and Enforcing authorities – reactively & proactively.
- Manage the Budget Control for the Technical Department.
- Work collaboratively with project and functional groups, and other site Operations Managers to develop and execute Project Plans.
- Bachelor’s degree Food Science preferred
- Certifications an advantage including Internal Auditing, Lead Auditor, Train the Trainer
- 4 + years’ experience in the FMCG sector with experience working in diverse manufacturing settings
- Quality Inspection, auditing, and testing experience
- Knowledge of Industry Food Standards ie. BRC, GFSI, IFS, ISO
- Organisational skills with the ability to effectively plan, schedule, execute and track complex projects
- Ability to speak, present data, and defend approaches in front of audiences and inspectors
- Experience with cross functional project management
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
More details Share on twitter