Full Time – working one weekend day each week
Strawberry Fields Farm Shop has a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Butcher to work alongside our existing award winning and fast paced team. You will carry out all aspects of the Butchery retail department in the Farm Shop including buying, cutting and processing of all retail meat. Making sure customers get the best tasting products and customer experience.
- Hands on fully skilled in serving our customers.
- Competent with all aspects and species of carcass meat
- A working knowledge of sausage production.
- Experience of portion control cutting for retail and wholesale
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork and poultry, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality& quantity
- Assist Butchery Manager with stock, waste, cost and ensure any loss is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure best practice is maintained across butchery including compliance with all systems and procedures.
- Ensure a safe, secure and stimulating environment is provided for all.
- Work within HACCP guidelines & company processes around cleaning, checks and general works.
- To be fully compliant of all legal, health & safety standards and make sure all are adhered to