Kepak is an Irish owned food company, serving international markets, restaurants and household food service names with prime cuts of meat, on trend food service solutions and ready-for-market convenience foods.
With over 50 years’ expertise in the meat craft, we are still leading the way with bespoke innovations and highly successful, international food brands.
We are currently looking to add a Butcher to our friendly and passionate team.
Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the boning and/or trimming team in the factory, produce of cuts and trims of meat to Kepak specification and at line speed.
- Trim and bone, as directed by their supervisor, to customer specification and at line speed
- Lift weights of at least 15kgs, stand for 4+ hours and be able to move around the factory floor without assistance
- Be familiar with the daily production plan and work as part of the team to set up the line, complete checks and ensuring materials are ready to use
- Perform all prestart, hygiene and safety checks as directed
- Report all breakages, damages, or defaults of equipment to the Line Supervisor, ensuring all equipment/machinery is only used when it is safe to use. Record checks as and when directed
- Ensure that the product is of the highest standard and report any issues to the Line supervisor immediately
- Reporting any accidents or near misses is expected and assistance with any investigation is a prerequisite of the Company’s safety policy
- Always adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Act in a responsible manner following all safety regulations; safe work practices, SOP’s, TBRA’s and never risking one’s own safety.
- Ensure compliance with PPE policies and procedures
- Other duties will be part of the role from time to time – this will be specified by your direct line Supervisor.
Skills / Experience:
- Previous boning/trimming/butchery experience is essential
- Previous experience working in a high-volume meat processing factory highly beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for Food
- Level 2 Health and Safety Training
- Level 2 Food Safety Training
Benefits to join us:
Highly Competetive Pay depending on experience and skill set
Cycle to work scheme
For any additional information please call: 01208 78155More details Share on twitter