We are a leading, Scottish based, meat primary & production business with an impressive history and reputation for quality, integrity and innovation; working with leading food retailers and delivering excellent customer service & innovative quality products.
We are now looking to complement our existing teams, by recruiting for the above roles to join our successful Abattoir team based in Bridge of Allan, Stirling and Dornock, Annan, who are at the heart of driving customers excellence.
Reporting to the Butchery/Boning Hall Manager, you will work collaboratively with the production site colleague and management team to
• Cut, trim and prepare animal material to standard defined for relevant stage in production process e.g. saw/split/scribe carcasses, prepare specific meat cuts
• Remove bones and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for market
• Ensure strict adherence to quality, HSE, animal welfare, food safety, hygiene, ethical, product labelling and handling processes
• Follow traceability process and ensure product & labelling integrity at all times
• Drive and deliver necessary processing efficiency through consistent and correct equipment operation
Ensuring your produce factory-ready meat products in accordance with company and national law, to our quality standard, to deadlines, whilst complying at all times with company operating requirements, especially in respect of quality,health, safety, environment & ethics, animal welfare, traceability, product integrity, labelling and company, personal & food hygiene rules and legislation.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience
• Previous knife skills required preferably on a pace line. Part of assessment via a block test
• A full certificate of competence (compliant with WATOK)
• Speaking, writing and understanding basic spoken and written English language. (This is an essential health & safety, traceability and quality control requirement which will be tested as part of the recruitment process)
• Basic numeracy skills
• Attentive to detail
• Understanding of legislative and company meat processing standards
• Quickly, cleanly and efficiently processing animal slaughter in line team
• Working in a chilled environment
• Flexible, adaptable and keen to learn
• Learning and implementing new information quickly
• Strong team collaborator
• Accreditation Food Hygiene equivalent at minimum level 2
In return you can expect competitive pay, the opportunity to work for a growing successful business, and opportunities for personal development and growth.
To apply, forward your CV, to email@example.com detailing the ref number and job title.