This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join our Meat and Poultry Category team!
This is a highly strategic category, working very closely with stakeholders (both internally and externally) as well as a high volume of suppliers. As a Buyer, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Category Manager in ensuring that the supply base is fit for purpose, products meet accreditation and certification required by stakeholders, working with suppliers to negotiate pricing, bench marking and much more!
Foodbuy is a highly innovative, engaging and fun place to work. We have around 200 procurement specialists in the team – each person is signifcant and plays and extremely important part in the business, teamwork and hardwork is a trait that all of our employees have. If you are an enthusiastic, driven and keen to get stuck in – this opportunity is for you!
This is a genuinely exciting role with the following responsibilities;
- Daily procurement activity
- Managing the end to end sourcing activity
- Undergo sourcing responsibilities such as tendoring, range reviews, implementation launch
- Producing price change analysis for the client and ensure it is on the system
- Track savings
- Compile weekly procurement review and present to the client
We are seeking a Buyer with the following;
- Experience in food buying procurement
- Ideally, have worked in or hold knowledge in product development
- Extensive experience working with Suppliers
- Able to hold presentations and work closely with clients
- Strong understanding of the procurement process
- Proven experience of savings across category buying
- Highly competitive salary
- Genuine opportunity to develop and progress within the business
- Exposure to large supplier base
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Private healthcare package
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.