Our customers are the major multiples and high profile caterers and require the best 365 days of the year. That means central packing and sophisticated distribution, a revolutionary supply chain in the industry which is being led and developed by ABP. Only well-resourced companies can compete for such business.
We want the best people to work for us and we know that a supportive and friendly working environment plays a key role in attracting and retaining employees. We promote the sharing of knowledge and invest strongly in training and development.
– Sound understanding of the different specifications required by the customer.
– Sound understanding of the production plans and their implications.
– To manage/maintain/monitor and improve upon the Key Performance Indicators and standards expected.
– Communicate production plans/delivery sheets and despatch orders to the rest of the team ensuring a sound understanding of targets to be achieved.
– Ensuring that team leaders have their team members and lines ready for work at the correct time.
– Responsible for the training and development of Team Leaders, Supervisors and General Operatives to meet with the demands of the business ensuring that high quality and service levels are maintained, profitability and productivity is increased, as well as waste/cost being minimised.
– Regularly monitor and evaluate current systems and procedures, identifying areas for improvement and make recommendations for change.
– Understanding departmental constraints and using own initiative to take corrective action where necessary.
– To effectively manage and monitor your team, assessing individual and group performance and efficiencies.
– Liaising with appropriate supporting departments: Human Resources, Training, QA, Health & Safety for example, to ensure that employee and product issues are dealt with correctly and efficiently.
– Managing/assessing and monitoring departmental manning levels, using initiative to take appropriate action for necessary change.
– Produce/assess/monitor accurate reports required by other management/departments.
– Managing and controlling problems with products/lines and people, ensuring correct working procedures/policies are followed.
– Managing and addressing issues pertaining to absenteeism/sickness/holidays and clocking’s, using discretion and appropriate action, adhering to company policies and procedures.
– Managing/assessing and monitoring departmental manning levels, using initiative to take the appropriate action for necessary change.
– Attend training courses that are appropriate and relevant to your tasks and duties.
– To perform any other tasks and duties as requested by your superior.
– Consider working reasonable overtime as requested to meet with the demands of the business.
– Willingness and flexibility to perform other tasks and duties that are not `usually` performed day-to-day, required for business reasons.
– Food manufacturing related qualification/previous experience in a retail.
– Have Supervisory experience in an FMCG Company would be an advantage.
– Training will be provided.
Able to use their own initiative
Self-motivated and able to develop an excellent knowledge of products
Good communication skills
To perform to a high standard when working in pressured environment to thrive under tight deadlines.
To work productively under pressure.