Home based, with regular extensive travel required across the Scottish Borders and Northern England
An attractive opportunity to become a vital part of our industry leading pig finishing and growing division, supporting the delivery of competitive advantage for Karro Food Group and the achievement of a legacy of world class farming systems. The successful incumbent will be an ambassador for the company and well placed to provide support and expertise within our contracted nursery and finishing farms. As they develop relationships with our contact farmers they will oversee operations, farm performance and ensure compliance with company standards in relation to animal health and welfare.
- Oversee and measure pig rearing farm performance to company standards across levels of welfare, performance and cost
- Manage the assurance requirements of our customers ensuring they are in place on each farm
- Advising and guiding farms towards achieving positive outcomes within various industry and customer audits
- Supporting with the delivery of research and development on farms
- Contributing to the overall pig production planning process
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Relevant formal qualification or experience in agriculture, ideally within farmed livestock production
- Good communication skills and the ability to negotiate with and influence key stakeholders in an appropriate way
- Commercial acumen and credibility
- Driving license
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year (incl bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
- Company vehicle, lap top and phone provided
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young’s Seafood, is now one of the UK’s leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.More details Share on twitter