We are actively seeking applications from individuals keen to take up a career within one of Europe’s leading food processing companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team, who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
Reporting to the Food Safety & Quality Compliance Manager, the Food Safety and Quality Internal Auditor will conduct and deliver a robust schedule of internal audits, traceability challenges and compliance activities within the Food Safety & Quality function. Providing effective support the Food Safety & Quality team in delivering an outstanding service to the site and its customers. Assisting with the administration and maintenance of departmental data collection and systems. The role will include evaluating the company’s internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that these are adequate, effective and compliant with regulatory principles, industry standards, customer and company guidelines.
- To follow a scheduled audit programme for internal audits throughout the year. Including a scope which covers the implementation of the site’s food safety, food fraud & food defence programmes, pre-requisite programmes and procedures, to achieve standards.
- To conduct audits of the food safety & quality systems and standards (inclusive of hygiene & cleaning standards), verifying whether activities comply with the documented procedures, policies and work instructions to ensure food safety, legality and quality are maintained. Also evaluating the effectiveness of the procedures.
- Preparing and distributing audit reports, summarising conformity & non-conformity to the relevant people and following up all non-conformances to ensure these have been adequately investigated and resolved.
- Controlling and analysing the trends of any non-conformance which arise during internal auditing and ensuring action is promptly taken to ensure the issue does not occur again.
- Conduct scheduled traceability challenge assessments in line with customer and regulatory requirements, inclusive of the site mock recall test.
- To support the day to day activities of the Food Safety & Quality department.
- Supporting customer / third party audits on site as necessary.
- To complete other reports, letters, documents or information assessments as required by the Food Safety & Quality Compliance Manager.
- To assist in the delivery of the key business objectives and performance targets determined for the individual and the Food Safety & Quality Department, therefore assisting in the performance of the whole site.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, legislative requirements and customer standards. Including Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Ideally able to illustrate proven experience / knowledge in a similar capacity, preferably within a food manufacturing background.
- Have a clear understanding of food hygiene, food safety, quality management systems & audit etiquette.
- Compliance driven and ability to improve performance within the department & site.
- Possess excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Good standards of both verbal and written English language.
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, confidence & commitment.
- Be able to develop effective working relationships with all departments
- Immediate start
- Free car parking
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
How to Apply:
For a full job description of the role, please contact HR. If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to:
HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.More details Share on twitter