More detailsMore details Share on twitter
Cargill’s Manchester plant is a production facility at the hub of the UK food, spirit, pharmaceutical, chemical and cosmetics industries. The plant and offices located in Manchester are part of Cargill’s starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners, wheat protein and alcohol for customers in the confectionery, brewing, drink, dairy, farming and bakery sectors.
Do you love working in a hardworking team of dedicated professionals? Do you excel at solving complex problems and coming up with solutions? The position holder will be responsible for providing quality assurance, food/ feed safety technical support across auditing, data collection and analysis in a large manufacturing facility. The position holder will work cross functionally to ensure food and feed safety and quality assurance standards are met at all times.
- Maintain and develop food safety systems such as HACCP, VACCP, validation, supplier approvals, pest control and product traceability
- Internal auditing to ensure the site complies to all necessary legal and Cargill standards
- Conducting food safety and quality training for other personnel on site
- Investigation into non-conformances, ensuring the root cause is identified and close out actions are followed up
- Work with other functions to implement improvements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Science based subject (e.g. Chemistry, Food Science etc)
- Proven experience in a related industry in a technical role (e.g. Chemicals, Heavy Pharmaceuticals, Biofuels, Food/feed) with a large scale manufacturing process
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems ISO9001 and FSSC22000 or BRC standard
- Practical knowledge of HACCP and food safety systems
- Strong knowledge of analytical software packages with particular strength using Microsoft Excel to analyse data and trends
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with all levels in the organisation, displaying high levels of initiative
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Able to balance competing demands and take appropriate action in a timely manner