Roscommon, County Roscommon
This position is based at our Athleague site, in Co. Roscommon.
Working as part of the operations team in the factory, undertaking all duties as directed by their manager/supervisor. Play a key role in production, storage, cleaning, Health & Safety and all other tasks as directed by management. This role will involve working to challenging production targets and therefore can be stressful. The role may also involve in working for extended periods of time in cold/chilled areas.
- Work in the production area conducting a wide variety of tasks, such as line operation, packing, cleaning, distribution etc. Lift weights of at least 15kgs, stand for 4+ hours and be able to move around the factory floor without assistance. Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold environment.
- Be familiar with the daily production plan and work as part of the team to set up the line, complete checks and ensuring materials are ready to use. Perform all pre start, hygiene and safety checks as directed.
- Report all breakages, damages or defaults of equipment to the Line Supervisor, ensuring all machinery is only used when it is safe to use. Record checks as and when directed.
- Ensure that the product is of the highest standard and report any issues to the Line supervisor immediately.
- Co-operate with all company training, asking questions and ensuring they feel satisfied in relation to all aspects of the area and role they are working in
- Reporting any accidents or near misses is expected and assistance with any investigation is a prerequisite of the Company’s safety policy.
- Participate fully in Lean Manufacturing processes and embrace new methods of working.
- Other duties will be part of the role from time to time – this will be specified by your direct line Supervisor.
Skills / Experience:
- Previous production experience highly beneficial
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment highly beneficial
- Each employee must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
- Each candidate must be of good character. Employment of the successful candidate shall be subject to satisfactory confidential reports.
- €10.50 per hour start wage with possibility of production bonus after 1 month
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare
- Free staff car parking
- Onsite health and wellness services
- Bike to work scheme
- Formal recognition initiatives and team awards in place
- A dedicated learning & development team