An exciting and dynamic opportunity for a senior quality assurance professional to direct the future development of our whole of life, whole of supply chain quality assurance programmes that underpin the iconic Scottish brands of Scotch Beef PGI, Scotch Lamb PGI and Specially Selected Pork in domestic and international markets.
As Head of Brands Integrity (Director Designate) you will develop, agree and implement the strategy and operational development of our Brands Integrity department. The function of the department is to provide quality assurance throughout the red meat supply chain to more than 10,000 members. This role includes the overall management of our Quality Assurance contractors and building strong business relationships with key stakeholders including FSS, SSPCA and Trading Standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience in quality assurance ideally within the food and farming sector. You will also a strong track record standards development and engaging effectively with a wide range of key industry stakeholders. In addition, you will also have effective people management skills, with the ability to motivate, develop and empower your team.
- Strategic development of QA schemes – including delivery and implementation of Standards review projects, consultations and benchmarking/GAP analysis against relevant QA schemes.
- Work closely with external contractor, to manage operational outputs and high levels of customer service to members of the whole chain QA programme (6 assurance schemes).
- Monitor contractual KPI reports and implement remedial actions where required.
- Oversee the enquiry handling and provision of expert advice and assistance to key stakeholders.
- Deliver added value membership services e.g. assurance workshops, drop-in advisory clinics, development of Member Portal.
- Prepare news articles and newsletters.
- Promote the whole chain assurance programme, including attendance at relevant events.
- Provide user advice and training on various traceability checkers.
- Manage industry data sharing requests and implement data sharing agreements.
- Assist with development of the Brands Licensing Scheme.
- Ensure website content is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct research and proof read technical documents, as and when required.
- Assist with brand engagement projects.
- Liaise with administration teams, leadership team and Board members as required.
- Any other duties required in the effective and efficient running of the organisation.
Ideal attributes for this role include
- Practical experience of livestock production, particularly cattle and sheep
- An interest in the red meat and food and drink industry
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations with empathy
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills
Desirable attributes include
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in agriculture, animal science or a related discipline.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage a diverse work load to meet the needs of different stakeholders.
Please send your CV along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org