Health and Safety Officer
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 1GX
Salary: Circa £28K per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
We are Forza Foods and we are now recruiting.
We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer who will be reporting to the SHE Manager for both Forza and Kober.
The main focus of the role will be to support the business in relation to SHE compliance.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring working practices comply with legislation, through observation, audit and risk assessment
- Providing practical and professional SHE advice/assistance to colleagues and managers
- Carrying out accident investigations and champion necessary changes required to prevent reoccurrence
- Identifying and reviewing SHE processes and policies and make recommendations for improvement to the SHE manager
- Working closely with managers to improve proactive behaviours
- Coordinating, maintaining and supporting the SHE Management Information System
- Ensuring that all SHE policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Investigating and responding proactively to SHE concerns and incidents ensuring that recommendations are made and followed up
- Facilitating and when required leading in-house SHE training
Ideally candidates will have:
- A NEBOSH qualification ie NEBOSH Certificate or recognised equivalent
- A proven track record of working in a similar position within manufacturing
- Experience of carrying out SHE inspections and audits on a rolling programme
- Experience of carrying out accident/incident/near miss investigations
- Proficient knowledge of COSHH requirements
- The ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels within the organisation
- Strong PC skills ideally MS Office
- Experience of training others on SHE issues
- Familiarity with issuing working permits (eg height, hot, electrical)
- The ability to positively influence others is fundamental; requiring you to display both excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; whilst leading by example
- Dynamic in approach; motivated to succeed
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, highly resilient and tenacious with a “can do will do” attitude
- The ability to bring the best performance through others
- Own transport in order to be able to travel between our two sites in West Yorkshire.