Working as part of our existing management team, we require a full time Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. The person will be providing professional assistance on all matters relating to health, safety, and environmental legislation within the industry sector, with the guidance from the Head of Health & Safety and the Group Environmental Manager.
- To actively support the management team to meet Health & safety & Environmental KPI’s and performance objectives.
- Conduct and complete all site related risk assessments to identify all key risks within the location and make commercial recommendations to reduce such risks, including Manual Handling, CoSHH and DSE.
- Produce and implement site specific safe working practices.
- To conduct detailed accident investigations and recommending commercial solutions to prevent re occurrences.
- Conducting detailed analysis of all health & safety related training and produce comprehensive training matrices by role to ensure legal compliance for specific tasks.
- Actively monitors emergency procedures and site fire safety arrangements relating to colleagues, visitors and contractors in line with fire safety policy and risk assessment requirements.
- Undertake monthly site inspections and report on any findings to the management team.
- Assist in any colleague training requirements which are specifically related to health and safety and deliver in house health and safety training.
- Takes responsibility for the reporting of incidents classified under RIDDOR to the HSE and follows up any correspondence.
- Supports the Operations Manager by facilitating site health & safety committee meetings by providing statistical information and health & safety advice on matters raised to provide effective communication to all colleagues.
- Produces and maintains accurate site accident data capturing all required information for Group reports.
- Is responsible for the filing and maintenance of documentation which is required for inspection by external auditors or authorities.
- Collects and prepares information for insurers in relation civil claims received.
- Identifies the need for first aid training and provision and ensures that there are sufficient first aid supplies at their site.
- Supports site maintenance teams to ensure that all statutory inspections are completed and PPM programmes are up to date.
- Actively assists in the monitoring of contractors on site and the control of the permit to work systems for high risk activities.
- Monitors compliance with environmental permits and acts on any corrective actions to remain within the parameters of consents given.
- Prepares and manages any ISO Environmental surveillance audits or Environment Agency inspections.