International Sales / Trader – Food ( meat & fish )
AgraKepak International is an Irish-based company trading in meat and seafood foodstuffs from Ireland & all across the globe, mainly to Asian & African markets. It is the international arm of the Kepak Group, a large Irish food company.
For this exciting role we are looking for an ambitious person to join our trading desk, with a view to developing our customer base in Asia, Africa and beyond.
This role is suitable for someone with a desire to travel and do business internationally, and the drive to create financial success on a personal and Company level.
Reports to : Managing Director
- Retention of our existing clients and development of new ones in the highly-competitive international marketplace
- Understand the customer and their requirements, both commercial and technical
- Developing a technical understanding of the meat and seafood products desired in different international markets
- Growing your ability as a risk-manager & dealing in multiple currencies.
- Using data to drive trading strategies to increase & improve returns
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Flexibility in carrying out other tasks and responsibilities which may arise in order to achieve overall success in AgraKepak International strategies.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an understanding of the importance of negotiation
- Self-starting team player with the attitude, energy and motivation to get results in a demanding and challenging environment
- The ability to develop relationships with people through excellent verbal and written communication is essential
- Agility: the ability to adapt at pace and think on your feet
- High numerical aptitude, strong analytical skills
- An organised planner; Ability to prioritise and focus on what really matters
- Third level qualification in International Business or Agriculture or similar is an advantage
- International language is an advantage, not essential