Main Purpose of Role
To provide effective administration to support the sourcing of cattle and sheep to meet our customer’s requirements. First point of contact for all producer enquiries, maintaining positive relationships with our livestock farmers (producers), hauliers and our livestock buyers. Maintaining accurate systems / databases as well as electronic and hard copy record keeping. Processing bookings and liaising with producers and livestock buyers to ensure correct and timely delivery of cattle and sheep to the plant. Cross referencing of farm assurance, provenance and specification to ensure livestock are processed correctly and evidence available for quality assurance traces.
Accountability & Activities
- Responsible for accurate inputting of information into the IT systems. Assist in ensuring adequate supply of the correct livestock in a timely manner.
- Checking provenance and compliance with legislative and customer requirements. This includes Farm assurance and farmer declarations.
- Providing accurate and timely information for audits and traces.
- Engaging positively with suppliers and livestock buyers to answer queries and maintain positive relations.
- Liaising with external agencies to ensure good working relationship. Eg FSA and MLC commercial services.
Key Performance Measures
- Accurate and timely inputting of data
- Maintain 100% compliance with requirements
- Meeting deadlines and managing workload
- Positive feedback from Producers and livestock buyers.
- Positive feedback from external agencies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer Literacy is essential with experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good organizational skills.
- Methodical approach.