Manpower UK are supporting our reputable client with the recruitment of Machine Operators to join a successful team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to develop their career in one of the fastest growing food manufacturers in the UK. These are permanent opportunities offering candidates a secure long term career with the chance to develop and progress within this successful client.
Candidates will be working as part of a team to produce high quality meat products on time, and in full for our customers. Ideally you would have worked within a Production or Manufacturing company and have previous experience as a machine operator, although this is not essential as training is provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up & Operate Machinery as per Work Instructions ensuring all H&S instructions are upheld.
- Ensure Machine parts are cleaned to standard & maintained free from damage
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in the required areas to ensure delivery on time of quality meat products, meeting predetermined key performance targets
- Efficiently and effectively produce a variety of fresh products to an agreed specification and within nominated time and waste targets
- Contribute to an innovative and productive working environment that allows each individual to contribute effectively, develop personally and grow professionally
- Continually monitor and review product quality
- Ensure the workplace is kept tidy and operate in a clean as you go environment
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for food safety and health and safety within areas of work
- Previous experience within a food production environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
Desirable but not essential
- Health and Safety / First Aid related qualification
- Previous Mechanical Experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification (or equivalent)
Hours of Work
We have both Dayshift or Nightshift opportunities available and hours of work are Days – Monday to Friday 6am until finish which could be from 4pm – 6pm and Nightshift is Sunday – Thursday from 6pm until finish which could be a 4am to 6am finish. Overtime is paid over your 45 hour working week and KPI bonus are awarded on performance.
Due to the location of the site and working hours, public transport is limited therefore candidates would ideally be able to drive.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised canteen
- Retail Discount Cards
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Discounted Staff Sales
- Length of Service Additional Holiday Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Death in Service
Interested? Please forward your CV in the first instance – Immediate Interviews and starts availableMore details Share on twitter