McCarren Meats, part of the Kepak Group, is currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join its Maintenance team in its busy pork and bacon processing plant. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Mechanical Fitter will work as part of a team responsible for all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, specialising in the repair of industrial equipment.
The successful candidate will have a relevant trade qualification and at least 1 years post qualification experience. The ideal candidate will have a background within a manufacturing/industrial business, preferably within the food or packaging industries but not essential.
- Repair of industrial production equipment such as high speed machines, conveyors, packaging machines, gearboxes, bearings and hydraulics.
- Assist the Lead Maintenance Technician with the implementation of preventative maintenance programmes for all machines in assigned area.
- Assist with the continuous monitoring of all machinery and equipment within the plant.
- Ensure real time repair of machines and equipment to get them back up & running within optimum time frame.
- Document all aspects of maintenance work carried out and keep management informed of potential issues.
- Adhere to company safety policies at all times.
Key Competencies/ Experience:
- Must have prior experience in high speed machines & conveyors, packaging machines, gearbox repairs, air automation, hydraulics and welding.
- Ideally must have significant experience working as a maintenance fitter within a manufacturing/industrial business, preferably within the food or packaging industries.
- IT literate and experienced in automation
- Open to new ideas, work practices.
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing processes would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic, hardworking and energetic.
- Able to deal with pressurised situations and remain calm and focused.
- Flexibility to meet peak work demands as required
- Basic electrical, but not essential