Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Site Reporting Line: Site Maintenance Manager
Location: Kepak McIntosh Donald, Portlethen
Functional Reporting Line: N/A
Job Purpose: Maintaining systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts and effectively supervising staff. Building and maintaining relationships with Production teams, being responsive and proactive in approach to support business operations.
- Orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, motivating and performance management of team
- Communicating job expectations effectively to team; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions, adhering to policies and procedures and demonstrating good practice always
- Appropriate utilisation of team resources to provide a cost effective, responsive service and meet business/team targets
- Meet maintenance operational standards by contributing to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems and minimising production down time
- Evaluate functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments, identifying problems and requirements
- Assist the Manager with maintaining function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing and maintaining a preventive and predictive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts
- Improve function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions
- Intervene on any line/production deterioration in performance; complete root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Liaise with Maintenance craftsmen to issue, monitor and complete preventative maintenance requests and general performance data
- Manage subcontractors and equipment suppliers through our Safe Work System
- Ownership of 5S methodology (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardise and Sustain), in Maintenance areas and workshop
- Apply and drive continual improvement maintenance process improvements
- Support the Manager with identifying talent and implementing training and development plans of team
- Escalate issues appropriately to the Manager
- Provide management cover if required
- Contribute to effective departmental budget and cost management by monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following relevant food, health and safety standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications.