As a food-service specialist we offer the highest quality of products and services on the market today. We are currently looking for a Catering Butcher with an eye for quality, with experience working within a busy processing plant to join our team in Embleton.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing our meat, poultry, and game products so that they are made to customer specification, ensuring the food safety controls in place are followed. Successful candidates will be required to work 5 days per week between Monday to Saturday with shift hours of 06:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs.
You will be responsible for:
• Processing of Raw Meat, Poultry & Game.
• Maintain a hygienic working environment by the clean as you go policy.
• Provide good and consistent communication to your superiors.
• Responsibility for the hygiene and health and safety in your work area and others.
Experience in working within a busy catering butchers is of advantage but full training on products, procedures and systems will be provided.
You will be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You will have an enthusiastic approach to learning new skills. You will deliver high standards, working accurately and efficiently. You care about delivering goods to customers ‘on time in full’ as ensuring customers have the right stock at the right time means we continue to deliver the highest standards of service.
Ideal candidates will have:
• 2 years Butchery or Chef experience.
• An extensive knowledge of all types of meats. Their origins and their preparation.
• Must be willing to work in accordance with the company HACCP document.
• Need to have a good work ethic, punctuality and be well presented.
Salary Dependant on experience, you will get lots of other great benefits too.
• Discounted Company online shopping account.
• 28 days holiday per year.
• The Peoples pension scheme membership
• Long service bonus