About The Role
Retail is at the heart of our business, we’re proud to be the UK’s fourth largest supermarket serving more than 11 million customers each week across our growing network of around 500 stores.
We believe in recruiting people who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer service and want to play an essential part in our ongoing success. Providing leadership, direction and ensuring standards remain high, you’ll bring a management style that motivates and brings out the best in those around you.
We’re currently recruiting for a high performing Meat & Fish Manager in the Corby store. You will lead a high performing team of flexible, engaged colleagues who focus on what matters most to customers, whilst delivering operational excellence in your department(s)
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Empower colleagues to always put the customer first and deliver outstanding customer service
- Champion customer service by listening and responding to customers
- Take time to review customer feedback
- Ensure market leading availability across the department(s)
- Lead a supportive and performance driven department
- Efficiently manage all people routines, taking accountability of department(s) scheduling, absence, performance and talent conversations
- Deliver training to ensure team have the capability and confidence to deliver their role
- Enable colleagues to work with confidence across various departments
- Identify and develop talent within the department
- Build effective relationships with other operating departments
- Lead colleagues to work with purpose, delivering outstanding performance against all relevant targets across the department(s)
- Take a leadership role within the store
- Ensure resource is planned thoroughly
What do I need to be a successful Manager?
- Great communicator who will share knowledge, experience and best practices
- Competent and confident Manager in Charge
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas
- Remain flexible and adaptable to change with the ability to lead the team through change
- Active listener to respond effectively to customer and colleague feedback
- Necessary food safety knowledge in line with responsible department
- Ability to have difficult conversations with effective resolutions with both colleagues and line managers
- Ability to drive down and manage key cost budgets across department(s) such as Shrinkage and Waste
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join our team of food makers and shopkeepers and you’ll receive excellent training, support and opportunities to progress across our diverse business. We also offer all kinds of perks, including a generous bonus scheme, pension scheme, company share options, life assurance and discount cards for you and your family and friends.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please note; we may close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications.
About The Company
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
At just under 500 stores across the UK, our retail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It’s why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UK’s 4th largest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It’s challenging. It’s fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They’ve been there and done that. It’s how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.
Advertising End Date: 30 Nov 2020More details Share on twitter