More detailsMore details Share on twitter
National Account Manager–
WOR00453 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job location: Worcester, UK (WR5 3HR) or Home based in the UK
Cargill’s European protein business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for retail, food service and food manufacturing customers. We are based in a newly opened Worcestershire office. You will play a key role in generating sales revenue and positive margins. This position will have the exciting opportunity to identify and develop accounts for food service customers, growing market share and building market value for cooked poultry products as part of the Sun Valley Brand.
The role will require travel within the UK (mainly Midlands and South), therefore a full UK driving licence is required. We will support home based working for this position.
The key responsibilities are:
- Identify prospect accounts and develop these into successful working relationships with food-service customers
- Build relationships with customers through understanding their needs and identifying ways to improve their business through Cargill’s Sun Valley product range
- Visit customers regularly to provide education, product training and contribute value
- Ensure customers are serviced through close interaction with Cargill Supply Chain, Technical, Customer Services and Operations
- Partner with sales and marketing colleagues to understand competitor capabilities in comparison to Cargill’s capabilities
- Deliver on sales/ marketing planning and tactics such as product segmentation, pricing and distribution channels
- Follow Cargill’s sales forecasting methods and find opportunities that are meaningful for the customer
- Support customers with trade/ sales events including; trade shows, customer plant visits, scale-up, innovation days and seminars
- Provide updates on any major new, lost or incremental changes in customer requirements and take action to achieve and exceed budget targets
- Educated to a degree level (or secondary level qualification) in a business focused subject is helpful but not required
- Experience developing and growing business in Food Service (preferable) or retail / manufacturing food customers in the UK
- Experience in selling cooked, further processed poultry and/ or meats would be advantageous but is not required
- Ability to negotiate, analyse, prioritise and multitask in a fast paced sector
- Success in building long term relationships with customers with the ability to present effectively
- The flexibility to work in a high performing commercial team function, but also independently when required
- Able to build collaborative relationships with other Cargill colleagues in different functions
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer.
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.