When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of one of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, with an annual turnover of £2.5billion+, over 17,000 people and covering more than 20 sites.
This role sits within our Meals division, where we live by our mantra of ‘Making Every Meal Moment Special’. We have 4 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation, from ready meals to iced fingers…we love our food and we love our people. Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1500 employees, turning over £140 Million per year.
About the Role:
We’re currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our team at our RF Brookes site in Rogerstone.
You will ensure that the business is recognised as a quality food manufacturer, in control of its costs, delivering product through controlled processes, in a safety conscious environment by a team of people whose morale, skills and training ensure the customer gets the right product, to the right specification, at the right price, on time every time.
As Operations Manager, your role is to drive the one year plan based on operational strategy to continually improve the performance of the area and working in conjunction with your peers to help drive business performance.
You will communicate and enforce all company policies and procedures relating to Safety, Health, Environment, Communication, Training, Risk Management and Discipline. You will develop a close working and supportive relationship with your peer group, opening and maintaining clear communication channels at all times. You will maintain the agreed company briefing and cell review schedule and monitor, communicate and drive performance for service, quality, safety, waste and variances. You will focus on continuous improvement of site operations and contribute to the operations improvement plan, spotting opportunities for long term fixes, flagging and driving through. You will be financially accountable for the control of Raw Materials, Packaging, Labour and Distribution within the operation and managing spend within limits.
- Chilled Prepared Food experience (ready meals) in a fast paced results driven environment
- Experience of business improvement tools
- Experience of manufacturing in a High Risk, High Care/ Raw Protein environment,
- Experience with Multi-function responsibilities
- Experience of significant complexity of products and processes
- Used to a high level of NPD activity
- Experience of interacting with major retailers and managing customer visits
- Leadership skills ability to develop and build strong teams
- Ability to drive performance through large teams
- Must be familiar with several decision making/analytical tools and have a demonstrable ability in using them effectively, tools to be used Six Thinking Hats, Pareto, Grid, Force Field, Cost Benefit and Impact analysis, LFA (Logical Framework Analysis).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team.
- Enthusiastic and determined, highly self-motivated.
- Willingness to undertake training.
We want to make YOU the future of our business.