More detailsMore details Share on twitter
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job location: Wolverhampton, UK (WV9 5EU)
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for retail, food service and food manufacturing customers. Our state-of-the-art further chicken processing plant is based in Wolverhampton, where we produce breaded and battered chicken products.
We are looking for a Poultry Specialist, this exciting and challenging opportunity will involve working with suppliers and external stakeholders to manage animal welfare, food safety, quality and regulatory compliance. You will be responsible for auditing suppliers related to; slaughterhouses, deboning plants, broiler grow-out farms, feed/feed ingredients, feedmills, hatcheries and warehouses across the Europe, UK and Russia.
- Responsible for assessing & assuring compliance to the animal welfare standards throughout the supply chain
- Conduct supplier compliance audits to ensure factory systems are in place and aligned to legal, Cargill and customer requirements
- Create reports and corrective action/ improvement plans with suppliers and ensure the agreed action points are addressed in an appropriate time frame
- Identify non conformances and share these internally
- Performs ongoing relationship management with suppliers, ensuring alignment, accountabilities and commitments are met and KPI’s are in place to measure supplier performance
- Maintain data, specifications and policies relevant to suppliers and analyse data to establish trends
- Work closely with Cargill production facilities to ensure suppliers performance and ongoing quality standards are met and aligned to specification
- A degree or HND (or equivalent qualification) in a food related or applied Science subject and experience in the food industry related to agriculture (poultry farming/ manufacturing) – other meat inspection experience would be considered
- Poultry Welfare Officer qualification / Official Veterinarian trained – desirable
- Auditing experience of suppliers or 3rd parties in animal welfare/ primary animal processing – desirable
- The ability to objectively evaluate food safety systems in an objective manner and report findings in an organised way
- High ethical standards and willingness to constructively challenge
- Experience in a complex multi-site/ multi-supplier organisation would be preferred but not essential
- An engaging, positive approach with a ‘can do’ mentality, who can solve problems and communicate with people at all levels
- Strong organizational skills to manage different audits
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other European languages are useful but not essential
- Due to the multi-site nature of Cargill, frequent European travel will be required – driving licence required