· To ensure product and raw material specifications including on-line customer specifications, and other systems are accurate, updated, adhere to food safety legislation, and are approved by the relevant departments and customers and are in place prior to product production and that these are clearly communicated to the relevant production staff.
- To complete annual reviews on all specifications and review Customers Specifications when required.
- To create and maintain Quality Contracts, Visual Aids & Quality Attribute Standards, and subsequent processing documentation such as recipe sheets and product information databases.
· To attend all Production/NPD Factory Trials and provide Technical input into the success of these.
· To work closely with raw material and ingredient planners, purchasers, and NPD department to effectively manage existing raw materials and sourcing and approval of new raw materials to ensure that they meet the requirements of Linden Foods through the management of Point 74 system.
- To assist in preparation and take part in customer visits, audits, and NPD presentations.
- To build relationships with customers around specification management
- To travel to and attend meetings with customers and other sites.
- Communication with management and customers should be accurate and professional at all times in both written and verbal communications.
· To be flexible to work weekends and evenings when required.
- This particular role may be asked to support other areas of the technical department.
· At least 2 years experience within the Food Industry
· Strong IT skills and working experience of all the Microsoft applications.
· Knowledge of ERP systems
· Previous experience of working with customers and particular UK retailers.
· Third-level qualification in Food Technology/Food Nutrition or related discipline
· Working knowledge of specification systems/ NPD systems such as Point 74.
· Red Meat Butchery/Ingredient knowledge would be advantageous.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead with authority, whilst maintaining good relations with colleagues across business functions
· Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
· Self-driven and an ability to work on own initiative.
· Proactive approach to problem solving.
· Drive to learn new things and enthusiasm to progress.
- To be flexible to work weekends and evenings when and if required.
_For further information and an application form, please contact: _
_ _Human Resources Department at Linden Foods Ltd
Granville Industrial Estate, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, BT70 1NJ
Closing Date for receipt of application forms is 5pm on Friday 5th February 2021.
LINDEN FOODS LTD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria at shortlisting stage
Application deadline: 05/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £1,000.00-£1,300.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- food industry: 2 years (Required)