AgriBriefing is a media company with a focus on Agribusiness.
By 2050 there will be an estimated 9 billion people to feed on the planet: they will need protein, they will demand more choice, and the world will demand it be delivered in a sustainable manner.
Agriculture is the most important industry in world and is currently undergoing the biggest transformation in its history. Agribusinesses around the world need to connect with one another and share data, news, insight and analysis that will help their companies survive and evolve to meet the needs of the consumer and our planet.
Every day, hundreds of thousands of professionals across the food supply chain rely on AgriBriefing’s information services and networks to make business decisions worth billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Delegate Sales Executive to sell tickets to our portfolio of conferences. You will be reporting to the Head of Commercial Solutions and working on the following events:
- The Feedinfo Summit – a Geneva-based conference for the leaders of the animal feed industry
- Women in Food & Agriculture – a London-based event for women working in all sectors of the food supply chain
- Global Protein Summit – a Chicago-based event for buyers of meat-based and alternative protein products
You’ll be selling to people who typically have some form of connection to AgriBriefing (subscribers, past attendees etc), but you will be expected to find new and relevant people through your own research and network building.
This role suits someone who is happy cold-calling and speaking to strangers; we’re not a boiler-room sales team, but we do expect you to be proactive and enjoy engaging with our contacts around the world on a daily basis.
This is a new role; we’re looking for someone to come in and build relationships with some of our most important and influential customers, as they’re the people who attend our events. Sales training will be provided as and when appropriate, and you’ll be part of a small but international sales team (with colleagues in USA and France); so will be learning from them on a day-to-day basis.
As part of a larger company, there are several possible career paths that develop from building relationships with our high-value customers, either in data/SaaS-type sales, or event sponsorship and content-marketing solutions.
- Personable and keen to talk to new people
- Great at asking relevant questions and collecting feedback
- Able to grasp new ideas and the issues affecting businesses
- Be able to ‘think big’ and contribute ideas for growth that improve our events and the experience for attendees
- Technically proficient – can find new contacts online (e.g. LinkedIn research) and keep our records updated (via Salesforce)
- Sales experience preferred but not essential
- The job will be based in our London head office next to Waterloo Station.
- Basic hours of work are 9 – 5 Monday to Friday. However, flexible working is available based on the needs of the employee and the needs of the business
- International travel may be required to attend events
- AgriBriefing offer free life assurance, eligibility for a contributory pension scheme after a qualifying period, an assisted ride to work bicycle scheme, an interest free season ticket loan and Perkbox discount scheme.
- 25 days holiday pa (plus your birthday off), rising to 27 days after 2 years’ service
- Initial probationary period of six months
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Commission paid on all personal sales, with bonus payments for outperformance
- Opportunity for rapid advancement and personal growth