When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of one of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, with an annual turnover of £2.5billion+, over 17,000 people and covering more than 20 sites.
This role sits within our Meal Solutions division, where we live by our mantra of ‘Making Every Meal Moment Special’. We have 4 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation…we love our food and we love our people.
Our Carlisle site has up to 1,500 employees, spanning over 3 factories across 2 sites. The site produces around 90 million meals annually with 150 products made daily over a 7 day operation, along with a turnover of £160 million.
As Site Director, you will have full P&L responsibility, as well as full leadership and the delivery of site strategy. You will communicate, empower and engage the site leadership and wider teams to enhance performance and gain their backing of the strategy to deliver short, medium and long term plans. You will also be key in developing and maintaining relationships with customers and suppliers.
You will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence across the site, including delivery of customer service accuracy that meets customer and 2SFG targets. You will input in to the overall divisional supply chain strategy, as well as owning the site Health & Safety plan that ensures continuous improvement and meets 2SFG / legislative requirements.
You will control and continually reduce the cost of manufacture to deliver labour and material variance targets through a site manufacturing improvement plan. You will also ensure the effective integration of the S&OP process at site level between Operations and Commercial. You will own the site people plans to ensure development and successions plans are in place, as well as driving site communication and employee engagement.
We’re looking for a real professional, someone who can hit the ground running, set out their agenda and have the confidence and resilience to deliver.
- Experience of managing a business of at least £100m+, involving short shelf life products and intensive labour usage
- Experience in complex large scale SKU production (ready meals desirable)
- Experience of managing a site of 1000+ employees, in a diverse & unionised environment
- Strategic planning skills and experience
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate
- Experience of full site and P&L responsibility
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Project Management Skills
- Has the courage to and is willing to challenge and question the status quo
- Proven experience of delivering successful change management & performance improvement programmes
- Extensive change management experience, with the proven ability to engage and inspire at all levels, optimizing results across the business through ‘Lean manufacturing’
- Operational excellence experience
We want to make YOU the future of our business.