Candidates will be ideally suited to a fast paced food manufacturing environment and able to work as part of a team. As a butcher you will be involved in the production of meat products for leading supermarkets.
We are currently seeking experienced and semi skilled, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our workplace in the Butchery department.
The successful candidates will work as part of the factory processing team producing meat to fulfil production targets on a daily and weekly basis. This role is essential to maintaining the maximum required line-speed and breaking the carcass into suitable portions for follow-on trimmers / operatives down the line.
– Moving the carcasses around the meat areas, without damaging the meat, and putting them on a production line. Using tools such as knives and saws to break up, split and de-bone carcasses.
– Cut, trim and prepare meat cuts to specific meat and customer specifications
– Have an understanding of product/customer specification and possess the ability to meet these specifications while managing high volumes and challenging production targets.
– Physical role including lifting and standing.
-Maintain Health and Safety standards at all times
-Maintain Hygiene standards at all times
-Communicate effectively with others
-Maintain Quality of the product at all times
-Perform butchery operations
-Achieve production specification and yields within the required timescale
-Any other duties as directed by department management.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 7am to Job Finish, normally around 4.30pm
*Excellent attention to detail
*Ability to work in a fast paced and target driven environment
*Good time keeping,
*Knowledge of the butchery trade
*A high standard of personal cleanliness.
* Knife Experience beneficial
*Food Safety and Health and Safety L2 advantageous but not essential.
Previous experience in a similar Butchery role is beneficial but full training will be given for inexperienced people keen to learn the trade.