Kepak is one of the biggest meat producers in Europe with 15 manufacturing plants across Ireland and the UK. Meat craft, trusted quality and excellent service are the pillars of our proud heritage.
At Kepak our people are our pride, and we believe that living the values day in day out, underpins our culture.
Kepak Bodmin is currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our friendly team as: Abattoir Slaughter Operative
Purpose of the role:
Work in slaughtering, performing precision functions involving the preparation of meat. Work may include specialized slaughtering tasks, cutting standard or premium cuts of meat for marketing. The slaughter and preparation of animals for human consumption.
Qualificatin and Training:
- Health & Safety and Food Hygiene to a Level 2 standard
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Knife skills, hand eye coordination, knife safety awareness, dexterity, ability to lift and move heavy objects, be able to understand, communicate and engage in your work with high attention to detail.
- Work as part of a team to ensure your own and others safely. To adhere to all legal, regulatory, company site requirements.
- Cut, trim, skin, sort, and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal.
- Clean materials to prepare them for production.
- Process animal carcasses.
- Slit open, eviscerate, and trim carcasses of slaughtered animals.
- Remove bones and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing.
- Sever jugular veins to drain blood and facilitate slaughtering.
- Trim, clean, or cure animal hides.
- Skin sections of animals or whole animals.
- Shackle hind legs of animals to raise them for slaughtering or skinning.
- Trim head meat and sever or remove parts of animals’ heads or skulls.
- Prepare meat products for sale or consumption.
- Stun animals prior to slaughtering.
- Wrap dressed carcasses or meat cuts.
Monday to Friday
Generous annual leave
Cycle to work scheme
On Site Parking
For more information please contact 01208 78155More details Share on twitter