Role Purpose: Learn and develop key butchery skills working towards achieving SVQ 2 in Food and Drink Operations (Meat and Poultry Skills) at SCQF Level 5.
About the role:
- Learn the key principles of abattoir.
- Learn and identify different parts/by-products/cuts/joints of red meat.
- Carry out slaughter, breakdown, boning, filetting and trimming of red meat.
- Learn principles of processing red meat casrcases and by-products.
- Prepare tools and equipment for use.
- Sharpen and maintain cutting tools.
- Understand and maintain product quality.
- Learn and apply food safety and hygiene standards.
- Learn and apply health and safety standards.
- Any other duties as required by management and within the competency of the post holder.
Starting pay rate: £9.50/h
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 40-45hrs/week, 6am start
- No previous experience in slaughter and/or knife skills required
- Commitment to Company Values; Passion for food, Ambition, Responsibility and Teamwork
- Passion for Food at forefront of day-to-day performance
- Ambition to develop self to achieve personal and business goals
- Responsibility for positive contribution to business
- Team Work across all levels, departments and teams, willing to go the extra mile
- Able to work in warm environment
- Manual handling ability and awareness
- Flexibility to meet daily production targets
- Consistent approach and strong work ethic
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Adaptable to change and production demand
- Ability to work effectively and confidently under pressure
- Commitment to good practice and quality products
- Communicate well in written and oral form with multi-nationals on all levels
- Training and development
- Overtime rate of time and a half applies when you work over 44 hours/week
- Guaranteed minimum of 30 hours of work/week
- Competency based rate of pay
- Eligibility for the Performance Bonus after 3 months of continuous service
- 31 days annual leave per year (after probation)
- Subsidised canteen
- Values awards program
- Refer a friend scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on products
- Pension plans
- Life assurance