Stage One / Two Butcher
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Location: Curzon Street, Maryport, Cumbria CA15 6LW
Salary: Competitive – dependent on experience
A Bit About Us
James Hall & Co. LTD traces its roots back to 1863 when founder James Hall opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire. James Hall Group of Companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. We believe that our success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of our employees.
Graham Eyes opened his first butcher’s shop in 1982, at the age of 21. His first shop was on Rufford Road, Crossens, Southport. With over 30 years’ experience as a successful high class butchers, as well as caterers, we are proud to be able to offer our customers meat and produce of the highest standard. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to manage what will be a brand new store within the SPAR store in Maryport.
More About the Role
As a stage one Butcher you will have some experience of working in a Butchers. You will support the Butchery Manager and Assistant Manager with the launch of our new store within SPAR Maryport. You will maintain high standards in all areas including; stock, food safety procedures including recording information, fresh meat and prepacked meat displays, and customer satisfaction. This role is ideal for someone who in the longer term is looking to develop into a fully skilled butcher.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing
– Ensuring food safety procedures are adhered to within the butchery department.
– Maintaining company standards in window display and upright counter display.
– Cutting meat to order.
– Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment.
– Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, accepting orders or payments, and offering helpful advice with a smile.
– Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
A Few Things about You
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Excellent people management skills.
– Be helpful and friendly and feel comfortable working with the public.
– To be enthusiastic, committed and self motivated.
– Adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations.
– Have a flexible approach to working hours.
– Previous experience in retail is preferred but not essential.
– Basic Food Hygiene certificate is preferred but not essential.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As a member of Graham Eyes high class butchers you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays we have specific benefits such as: Staff discount scheme. Training and Development. Loyalty Bonus.
You may have experience of the following: Butcher, Retail, Wholesale, Fresh Meat, Grocer, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Meat, Food Hygiene, Poultry, Butchery, Customer Service, Merchandising, Meat Wholesaler, Catering, Food Safety, etc.More details Share on twitter