Rooks is an independent family run retailer and has been a main stay on Kent’s high streets since 1965. We pride ourselves on giving an excellent customer experience through quality products, inspirational displays and trusted advice.
We are looking for a committed Store Manager with great leadership, customer care and technical butchery skills to lead our shop in Sittingbourne, Kent. The successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of retail butchery, gained over at least 2 years’ relevant experience, together with passion for delivering a great customer experience.
This is a full-time permanent role involving up to 45 hours per week to include early morning, evening and weekend working.
· Monitoring sales and gross margin performance.
· Supporting team training and development
· Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and food hygiene in line with all legal requirements
· Able to oversee and engage with a team of staff
· Having the ability to take action to ensure targets are met
· Highly motivated and hard working
· Good time keeping and attendance
· Create inspiring, innovative & seasonally changing displays
· Able to use IT systems to create and send weekly information to Head Office.
· Able to work with and collaborate with colleagues across the Rooks team
Please send your CV for the attention of Gareth (Area Retail Manager). Closing date for applications 14th August 2020
Reference ID: Sittinbourne
Application deadline: 14/08/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £29,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year
- Company Pension
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Discount
- On-site Parking
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- butchery: 2 years (Required)