Kepak Group is an Irish company and one of Europe’s leading meat processors. Kepak have a portfolio of market leading brands including Rustlers, Big Al’s, John Stone, Stript Snacks and Celtic Beef.
Our ambition to grow as a business is equalled only by our ambition to grow the careers and personal satisfaction of our people.
Direct Reports: Technical and Quality Team
What to expect in the job?
- To be the sole Technical Manager for the Slow Cook Business Unit in our Watergrasshill site in Cork.
- Support Site and Group Technical Managers in implementing and improving procedures and processes to ensure required work standards are met and adhered to.
- Progressing of the team’s development needs through cross training and continuous assessment of training needs
- Ensure effective lines of communications are in place between all members of the team.
- As Technical Manager for Slow Cook, you will be responsible for the following key metrics:
- HACCP and Quality Systems: Lead the HACCP team and assist in the delivery of the HACCP and Food Safety Management Systems.
- Legislation, Customer Standards, Accreditation Standards: Assist the Site Technical Manager in understanding, delivering and maintaining the required standards within the business unit.
- Operations Support: Support the Operations team on day-to-day activities, coach and trouble shoot activities for improvement.
- Customer and Supplier Management: Liaise and provide support to the customer and suppliers as required. Coordinate requested reporting, KPIs, visits, reviews, calls and meetings. Communicate, track, respond to, report and trend to identify reoccurring issues on claims, complaints and rejection and recommend permanent solutions within the agreed timeframes.
- DAFM Management: Liaise and provide support to DAFM as required ensuring all documentation and sampling requirements for the Business unit are achieved.
- Audits and Visits: Lead site audits, customer visits, supplier visits, and visits from regulatory bodies. Coordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department managers and suppliers ensuring completion of any required corrective actions from day-to-day issues.
- Other duties will be part of the role and will be specified by the Site Technical Manager
What we need from you?
- 3rd level degree in food science, food technology or related area advantageous
- 4 or more years’ experience in FMCG Sector with proficiency working with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical background and knowledge of Industry Food Standards i.e. GFSI (BRC, IFS, ISO) and Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices.
- Internal Auditing, Lead Auditor, Train the Trainer, HACCP, TACCP certification advantageous
What can we offer you?
- Company phone
- Company laptop
- Discounted health insurance
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Cash sales available
- Flexibility of holiday planning
- Permanent contract
Note: This factory is located in an area that is not easily accessible by public transport.More details Share on twitter