An opportunity has arisen to join the established management team at our state of the art bacon facility in Sherburn in Elmet, managing the Technical, QA, Compliance and Hygiene teams. Responsible for the Technical operation and systems for the site, maintaining technical standards, in line with legislation and customer requirements. Ensuring the members of the technical team are also effectively implementing and managing in line with legislative and customer operating standards.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Leading, developing and empowering a team
- Accountable for meeting company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards
- Ensuring that the Team is adequately trained, developed and mentored.
- Liaison with suppliers and customers
- Ensuring that the company’s quality systems are fully compliant with current standards and customer requirements
- Ensuring that any customers and site KPIs are supplied in an accurate and timely fashion
- Leadership and maintenance of the HACCP Food Safety Team
- Ensures that technical resource is available for involvement in trials associated with Technical, NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hygiene, etc.
- Develop expertise across the site, fully understanding the processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site, in conjunction with other members of the operations team
- Keeping abreast of changes in technology, legislation and customer requirements to ensure that the company is always fully conversant with the latest information
- Responsible for retrieving data, compiling and presenting ad hoc technical reviews to site and company senior management
- Responsible for identifying areas in which there is a perceived need to drive down customer and consumer complaints YOY, based upon CPMU (and actual number where appropriate)
- Accountable for ensuring that complaint or onsite incident investigations are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible
- Building customer relationships and customer engagement
- Ensuring cross functional engagement on site
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Educated to at least degree level, or with a minimum of 3 years industry experience in Technical Management
- All Level 4 HACCP, Food Hygiene and Listeria Qualifications
- Experience of Retailer Codes of Practices / BRC standard
- Experience of man management and team development
- Experience of handling face to face contact with Retailers
- As a senior member of the food safety and quality culture team to embrace continuous improvement at the site.
A full job description is available upon request
Salary to be discussed at interview stage
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to:
Anna Cummings, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please indicate salary expectations
Closing date: 23rd April 2021