An exciting opportunity has arisen for a technical manager at one of our rapidly expanding and high-performance sites. As part of the leadership team reporting to the site director you will manage and lead the technical department in line with company policy and specific instruction primarily across our Hull site and our smaller sister site in Stoke. Ensuring that we meet all statutory and customer requirements, and are able at all times to provide support and assistance to all factory functions to maintain customer satisfaction.
- To lead the site technical team comprising of direct and indirect reports in quality assurance, hygiene, technical services, new product and product development, ensuring technical compliance and that budgets and targets are met
- Maintain third party accreditation e.g. BRC maintained at the highest-level standard
- Control the development and implementation of HACCP and quality management systems
- Ensure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard and comply to customer satisfaction and legal requirements
- Manage and develop all team members and ensure that critical training is completed
- Drive innovation for the site and lead SKU development and the costing and technical efficiency of all products and recipes in line with company policy
- Organise and conduct effective site visits for third parties such as customers, suppliers, auditors and appropriate enforcement bodies
- Maintain customer contact and ensure a quick response to all customer enquiries
- Ensure the maintenance of all systems and specifications to ensure that all third-party accreditations are adhered to and consistently achieved
- Generation and maintenance of internal specifications and external customer specifications and associated information e.g. reporting to the business chemical, micro-biological and environmental results
- Ensure maintenance of the pest control system
- Ensure the effective transfer of development products, including packaging development, through to launch, in line with production, customer and legal requirements and company policy
- Maintain and control supplier approval process
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Significant experience of working in a strategic site technical leadership role within a food manufacturing factory environment at management level (preferably within the meat industry)
- Prior experience of effectively managing technical services and hygiene teams
- Training and mentoring experience
- Level 4 HACCP is essential
- Level 4 Food safety is essential
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret plant and equipment faults
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies’ health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK’s leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.More details Share on twitter