When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK’s largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 9,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Technical Manager you will report into the Site Director and be responsible for all technical activities on site. You will provide the site with a first-class technical service, which involves day to day management of the Technical / Quality Assurance function in line with the sites Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, legislative requirements, customer expectations and codes of practice. As a Technical Manager you will provide technical advice to all departments and our customers to maintain our long-lasting relationships.
- Performance manage your team – consisting of 2 FLMS, Compliance and document controllers.
- Ensuring that a thorough and effective pest prevention system is in place and is regularly inspected by a reputable contractor and that recommendations are actioned.
- Provide reports and summaries to allow easy trend analysis and monitoring of important quality and food safety (customer complaints, micro results, quality control information), allowing generation of robust improvement plans.
- Initiate and ensure internal/external audits are conducted as per agreed schedule and any resulting non-conformances are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Deal with customer complaints, investigations and ensuring preventative measures are in place
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have a proven track record working in a Technical/ Quality Assurance role within food manufacturing. Bring those qualities along with the below and you will have the recipe for success:
- Experience in a similar role within food manufacturing
- Must have poultry/meat experience (raw)
- Knowledge of BRC/Red Tractor/Customer audits
- Retail experience (desirable)
- Used to managing a team
- Experience of Microbiology (desirable)
- Knowledge of HACCP (essential)
- HACCP qualifications (desirable)
- Lead Auditor (desirable)
- Knowledge of auditing (essential)
- Great communication skills
- IT skills