Job Title: Trainee Operations Manager
Reporting to: Site Manager
Job Purpose: To gain the skills and competencies to drive operational excellence of the operations function as measured by core metrics of quality, safety, performance & people management.
- Responsible for the production of high quality products that meet specifications and expectations of the customer and satisfy ROI/ UK regulations.
- Maintain a consistent effort to operate the department to the most efficient way possible to decrease expenses and increase revenues.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records/reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with BU Managers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Management of Yield performance,
- Maintaining staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees;
- Maintains a safe, secure, and legal work environment; by adhering to Company policies and procedures
- Develops and drives personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Manages teams absence and holidays
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by through forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements. Problem solving and team building.
- Implement and maintain 5S to company standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
- Ensuring customers specifications are met
- Ensuring your department is always audit ready.
- Managing waste disposal costs for their section
- Work Shoulder to shoulder with HR management to resolve employee problems, complaints or grievances
- Ensuring that the developing and managing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all processes/tasks undertaken by employees
- Optimise financia performance (yields)
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives (Prize delivered to target)
- People Metrics (Absence, Training Plans, Succession Plans)
- Adherence to Lean Operations deliverables.
- Quality – As per quality metrics
- Efficiency – As per efficiency metrics
- Safety – As H&S metrics
- Cost – Budget & Labour
- Prior Food Manufacturing experience would be advantageous
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer and excel skills
- A passion for driving operational business change.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and people management techniques
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to lead projects from idea stage to implementation.
- A Lean Six Sigma qualification would be advantageous.
- People Management
- Building High Performance Teams
- Creating Positive Relationships
- Service Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Fostering Innovation