Do you have supervisory experience in food manufacturing and are looking for a new role in an exciting and challenging business? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as Assistant Production Manager.
Capestone Organic Poultry Ltd is an award winning, fully integrated, organic and free-range poultry business situated in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. We rear, produce and process all our poultry, specialising in high quality, high welfare, organic and free-range chicken and turkey. We are proud to supply premium high street retailers and food service customers with our products. In addition to poultry, we produce quality red meat products for baby food manufacturers.
The Assistant Production Manager role will report directly to the Factory Manager and will assist in the overall running of the production process, from slaughter to despatch. The Assistant Production Manager will liaise between the Factory Manager and Production Supervisors to support compliance with all company procedures relating to food safety regulations, the accomplishment of departmental objectives, adherence to production plans, efficient productivity levels and people management.
· Supporting the Factory Manager in the efficient running and continual improvement of production processes
· Championing a culture of food safety and quality
· Maintaining a safe, secure and compliant work environment
· Ensuring GMP scores across the factory are maintained and continually improved
· Achieving and reporting on targeted KPIs
· Accountability for meeting customer specifications, ensuring high standards of customer service
· Co-ordinating daily rotas, overall management of team holidays and absences
· Supporting in the development of a capable and competent production team
· Responsibility for safe working practices and general health & safety within the factory
· People management experience
· Production supervisory experience
· Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Proficient IT skills
Salary: Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
For further details or to apply for this role please contact the HR team on 01437 781247 (option 2)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
- Production Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)