A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Buyer to join our group indirects procurement team based at our West Bromwich site. You will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategic procurement of goods and or services for a defined set of spend categories at the optimal cost given the quality and service required. These areas will include all aspects of Engineering and site services (e.g site engineering services, engineering equipment, facilities management and statutory inspection services). Experience in these areas is desirable but not essential, as long as you have a strong background in procurement and category management.
Some key responsibilities:
- Conduct strategic category review with line manager for all sub category areas with a view to achieving savings targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives (eg value chain, CSR, innovation etc).
- Work closely with business stakeholders, including the relevant Group companies as appropriate, in order to fully understand the business needs
- Participate in or lead cross category and cross functional projects as required
- Develop an annual budget for categories and then re-forecast against this on a monthly basis
- Track commodity pricing information in order to support commercial and business objectives
- With Line manager develop and implement clear commodity management strategies where appropriate to identify and mitigate risk
- Negotiate terms of trade with suppliers. Manage ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with suppliers ensuring relevant performance targets are met and that the strategic relationship is leveraged to maximize efficiencies and value
- Ensure sourcing strategy considers the risks relevant to the category and reduce business exposure
- Ensure regulatory and legislative requirements are met for individual categories
- Ensure necessary administrative tasks are completed for the relevant departmental and business requirements
- Previous experience as a Buyer in indirect procurement
- Experience in indirect goods and services
- Negotiation skills, developing knowledge of contract law, manufacturing, value engineering, forecasting, competitor analysis, market structure and analysis, project management
- MCIPs or working towards or equivalent that shows commitment to continuous professional development and learning
- Have a resilience to focus on reducing business costs
- A self starter with a proactive approach to tasks
- Ability to communicate at all levels and positively contribute within a team environment
- Customer focussed
We want to make YOU the future of our business.