West Midlands – Site D, West Bromwich B70 0EB
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With over 20 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, you have the opportunity and flexibility to pick your ideal location. We employ over 18,000 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager to join our procurement team based at our West Bromwich site. You will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategic procurement of our factory services and HR areas to ultimately save, improve business metrics and maximise supplier efficiencies. These areas will include recruitment, catering & vending, PPE and workwear, technical services (e.g. lab testing & accreditation, site hygiene, pest control), company car fleet, office supplies, consumer research. Experience in these areas is not essential, as long as you have a strong background in category management.
This role is leading a team of 2 and you will be overall accountable and the main escalation point for Factory Services and HR. You will hit the ground running, be able to influence at all levels, thrive within a fast-paced and ever changing environment where no day will ever be the same. You will be confident, good with numbers and contractually astute.
Some key responsibilities:
- Develop and implement clear commodity management strategies with a view to achieving savings targets, improving quality and service levels, and achieving all other business objectives.
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with suppliers, setting and implementing performance targets ensuring these are met and that the strategic relationship is leveraged at a senior level to maximize efficiencies and value.
- Work closely with senior business stakeholders at Group, Divisional and Site level, in order to fully understand the business needs and develop appropriate plans and solutions to business issues.
- Be the category expert and first point of escalation for responsible spend areas.
- Negotiate terms of trade with suppliers.
- Ensure sourcing strategy considers the risks relevant to the category and reduce business exposure.
- Ensure regulatory and legislative requirements are met for individual categories
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement where necessary
- In depth knowledge of negotiation, contract law, forecasting, competitor analysis, project management, market structure and analysis
- Ideally formally trained in negotiation tools and techniques
- MCIPs or equivalent that shows commitment to continuous professional development and learning
- Have a resilience to focus on reducing business costs
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Customer focussed