More detailsMore details Share on twitter
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. In the UK, our team uses our nutritional expertise and knowledge to provide superior innovative nutritional products and services to the agricultural feed industry. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be responsible for the management of production at the Dalton Feed Mill. You will ensure production is conducted safely and in keeping with agreed quality, hygiene and cost standards.
- To ensure operational performance through efficient and effective use of plant and people resources whilst maintaining Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To drive and improve production, Health and Safety and Quality standards ensuring the site meets Cargill, local government regulations and industry standards
- To optimise and implement the objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM) and create a continuous improvement environment in order to attain targets in production, Environmental Health & Safety, service quality, cost control and engagement
- To lead and improve Overall Equipment Efficiencies (OEE) for all the production lines.
- To minimise waste through continuous Improvements.
- To manage and develop direct reports, including; succession planning, identifying gaps and training needs and ensuring personal development plans are in place and reviewed
- To set, monitor and be accountable for the manufacturing budget
- To activity participate in local and regional meetings sharing performance data and best practices
- Undertake any specific projects
- HNC in Engineering, Food Science, Agriculture or proven relevant experience
- Formal Environmental or Safety Qualification e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH certificate is advantageous and is committed to ensuring a culture of ‘Zero Harm’ at all times
- Experience in a production or engineering role in food/ feed process operations, including the management of people and production units
- An engaging, positive and strong leader with a ‘can do’ mentality, who can solve problems
- Sound communication and influencing skills, able to communicate clear objectives to team members, provide feedback and suggest performance improvements
- Experience with production shift systems and optimal workforce planning
- Familiarity with SAP and other business software
- A continuous improvement mentality, formal knowledge and use of CI tools would be an advantage
- Commercial awareness and experience with budgets / capital investment
- Ability to organise work, prioritise, be decisive and ensure and accept accountability