Role Purpose : Monitor Compliance, Food Safety and Product Quality in line with Kepak and Customer Standards.
Reports to: Site Technical Manager
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Technical / Quality & Production Management and the departmental supervisor that procedures are carried out as specified. Checking that procedures to control all factory operations are carried out as defined in the SOP’s, with the emphasis on all aspects of the operation right through to the finished products to ensure compliance to our Customer specifications
- Ensure product specification requirements are met in all areas of production. Completion of product assessment to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Record Management: Check & sign off of Production check sheets. Verification & filing of all production & QC paperwork/EQMS check sheet.
- Completion of pre-production hygiene assessments & reporting issues and driving continuous improvement.
- Sampling of product at various stages of the process for micro & chemistry testing.
- Working with defined limits for acceptable defects. Reporting non conformances / defects to the Technical / Quality & Production Management and the departmental supervisor. Identifying the source of defects and communicating this to the area supervisor and supporting training and continuous improvement.
- Making decisions in a timely fashion on whether a process is still in control and reporting any deviation of standard of work or processing.
- Assist the Technical Manager in duties and tasks as and when required.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Quality Standards
- Audit Results
- Customer Satisfaction
Key Competencies for Role:
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of BRC standard & requirements
- Adaptable & flexible based on daily requirements
- Hands on approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of lean manufacturing would be a distinct advantage
- Internal auditing and Microbiological knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
- Display a high sense of urgency and speed of action.
- Does not wait to be asked or told, but identifies what needs to be done.
- Always have a can do attitude.
- Clear understanding of English written and spoken
- Adhere to business core values.
Responsibilities / KPI’s:
With respect to Technical metrics ensure support is given to the Primary Technical Manager as follows
- Auditing: Undertake hygiene, GMP, fabrication, foreign body, glass audits and inspections, internal systems audits, summarise findings and identify areas of non-conformance and conformance with customer and legislative requirements. Work with department teams to ensure they have a full and complete understanding and acceptance of areas of audit non-conformance.
- Claims and Customer Complaints: Track, respond to and trend complaints to identify reoccurring issues and find and recommend permanent solutions within the agreed timeframes.
- Non-Conformances: Coordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department managers and suppliers ensuring completion of any required corrective actions from day to day issues. Trend non-conformances to identify reoccurring issues and find and recommend permanent solutions.
- CCPS, Operational Pre-Requisite Points Verification, Product and Process Inspections: Ensure that all checks are completed at the required time intervals and to the required standard. Verify all label information to ensure compliance with both customer and legal requirements.
- Product Quality, Testing and Assessments: Ensure that all raw materials and finished products fully comply with specifications and quality documentation and recommend improvement opportunities. Collect, manage and submit products and materials for testing, track, trend and record findings. Shelf-life assessments, product trials and reporting.
- Documents: Audit all factory documentation and recommend changes for improvements. Assist in the management of the document control system and issue approved documentation as required.
- Specifications and Product System Management: Ensure that all raw materials and finished products fully comply with specifications and quality documentation and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Audit Ready: Assist in delivery of site standards, ensure all areas are audit ready at all times.
- Legislation, Customer Standards, Accreditation Standards: Assist the Primary Technical Manager in understanding, delivering and maintaining the required standards within the business unit.
- Traceability and Mass Balance: Challenge factory systems to ensure that full traceability is achieved for every batch of product. Complete routine and requested assessments against customer and legislative requirements. Shipment certification with DAFM.
- Pest Control: Assist in the management of the pest control system, report findings and coordinate scheduled and unscheduled visits.
- Calibration: Assist in the management of the calibration and verification schedules of equipment onsite.
- Label Claim Verification: Challenge systems to ensure that all declared product claims are verified.
- HACCP and Quality Systems: Be a member of the HACCP team and assist in the delivery of the HACCP and Food Safety Management Systems.
- SOPs: Develop and review Technical related procedures, toolbox talks and recommend changes for improvement
- Operations Support: Support the Operations team on day to day activities, coach and trouble shoot activities for improvement
- Environmental Support: Support the Environmental Manager on day to day activities, coach and trouble shoot activities for improvement
- Troubleshoot and assist: Troubleshoot any Technical issues and assist all teams in delivery of the required standards.
- Escalation of any product quality issues or Technical compliance issues to Primary Technical Manager with solutions.
- Support the Primary Technical Manager in the implementation and improvement of procedures and processes to ensure required standards of work are met and adhered to.
- Assist the Primary Technical Manager in progressing the teams development needs through cross training and continuous assessment of training needs.
- Ensure effective lines of communications are in place between all members of the team.
- Proactively engage the Primary Technical Manager with ideas for personal development.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement initiatives within the business.
- Ability to work to agreed timelines with good project management and organisation skills.
Health & Safety:
- Be familiar with the company’s Health and Safety Programme and carry it out effectively.
- Ensure that there is adequate supervision available at all times, that all safety rules are observed, that all safety devices are fitted and effective, and that protective clothing/equipment is worn or used correctly.
- Ensure that all personnel are competent to carry out their work, are fully aware of all hazards, are fully instructed in emergency procedures and are aware of safety requirements in their work area.
- Investigate accidents promptly to discover their cause and eliminate their recurrence.
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is properly maintained and safe for use and that there is good housekeeping in the department.
- Consider any representation about Health and Safety from employees and liaise with on site Management to drive a culture of Continuous Improvement from a safety perspective.
More details Share on twitter