For over a century the Penny family have produced the finest quality meat and our achievement is greatly attributed to our skilled and dedicated staff.
John Penny and Sons are farmers, butchers and wholesale meat packers. Currently employing 80 staff, we are big enough to deliver yet small enough to care. Eight decades after John Penny & Sons was founded we are still on the same site in the heart of Yorkshires’ Aire Valley, although our footprint has grown substantially.
Alongside the 250 acres where we graze our animals and grow their fodder we have the capacity at any one time to finish 1,000 beef cattle and up to 4,000 sheep in our specially designed shed. Our meat processing plant handles sheep, cattle and pigs and we supply to a wide range of customers from butchers’ shops to catering suppliers and wholesalers across the country with an extensive variety of meat cuts.
My job title
Trainee Butcher / Deboner
Mon to Fri 3 am start so own transport is essential
Excellent rates of pay depending on experience
It is essential you have a passion for learning skilled butchery.
The successful candidates must be adaptable and have a good work ethic.
- Must be prepared to learn to carry out trimming to a high standard on beef, pork and lamb.
- Prepare to learn standard cuts of meat for sale in retail or wholesale food establishments.
- Ensuring that all work spaces are sanitary and meet government health guidelines.
- Physically demanding.
- Excellent knife skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have own transport
- Flexible in your ability to work on your own or within a Team
- Enjoy working to targets