About The Role
Fancy working for Morrisons? We’ve got an incredible opportunity that doesn’t come around everyday for a Lamb Buyer to be based 4 days a week at our Head Office in Bradford.
Proud of our roots, we’ve got a great story to tell and can look forward to a fantastic future which you can be a part of!
We’re a Yorkshire-based food retailer, growing from a market stall in Bradford to one of the UK’s leading supermarkets, having 120,000 colleagues in just under 500 stores serving over 11 million customers every week.
The Buyer will assist the Buying Manager/Senior Buying Manager in planning, sourcing, selecting and negotiating a commercial and competitively priced product range across all channels, whilst maximising sales and margin for the department.
Our commercial teams decide what we sell and at what price. We source great products for our customers and negotiate deals with suppliers. And we look for the best local produce, tracking down products around the world to meet constantly changing tastes. Own brands. Value brands. Global brands. We take great pride in them all.
Not only are we the second largest manufacturer of fresh food in the UK, but we also ensure our traceability, in particular our meat products, to show it is ethically sourced, from which region of the UK and by whom, to help us paint a full picture for our customers from farm-to-fork.
You’ll help to deliver exceptional, customer-led ranges which drive sales and margin across a specific category. You will build on the capability of our Buying team by engaging with different teams across the business to translate customer buying insights into competitive customer propositions, ensuring quality and value.
Working within embedded business teams, our team of friendly faces works as one to provide shopping trips and a career experience you won’t find anywhere else!
You will be responsible for:
- Maximising sales and profit inline with the budget plan
- Regular competitor analysis including range, visual merchandising and price benchmarking
- Market data analysis
- Developing strong, collaborative relationships with suppliers
- Deliver a customer relevant, commercially sound range
- Managing the critical path, engaging all key stakeholders to ensure smooth running of the development process and on time delivery of ranges to store
- Constantly reviewing sales and identifying opportunities for category growth
So that you are set for success, we are looking for a self-starter, who is an exceptional communicator with the ability to influence at all levels. You will work as part of a versatile team with a can-do culture, so it’s important that you are tenacious and strive for excellence. You will have experience and skills in:
- Experience working in a buying role in a retail environment
- Brilliant time-management & organisation with an ability to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities throughout the development process
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Plenty of initiative and a passion for working in an ever changing fast paced environment
- Strong commercial awareness and acumen with excellent interpersonal skills together with a strong customer focused approach
- Have a passion for product and a keen eye for detail.
About The Team
At Morrisons, we’re the single biggest food manufacturer in the UK, and the only retailer to operate our own processing sites. Which means we’re not just responsible for keeping our shelves stocked – we need to stock our manufacturing sites, too.
As a true one-of-a-kind business, we curate, arrange and buy everything from raw materials like flour and meat to the products our customers pop in for every day. We negotiate prices and make sure we’re able to sell as much as we can. We look at product packaging and quality to help us decide where products will sit in our stores. And when you remember that each category is worth a percentage of our overall £12billion turnover from supermarket sales alone, the impact of each buying team is huge.
We work in embedded business teams, so our Buyers sit with their supply chain, finance and technical counterparts, working alongside each other to make decisions and take action quickly. We even have joint targets so that we’re unified in our mission to serve our customers.
About The Company
Our modern Head Office on the edge of Bradford is home to our different support teams from tech, marketing and finance to HR, trading and supply chain.
Alive with activity, this is where decisions are made and our corporate teams make sure everything runs smoothly. Here, you’ll find comfy breakout areas, a coffee shop, newsagents and subsidised restaurant all within commuting distance of Leeds, Manchester and the Yorkshire Dales – always with free parking.
We host regular seasonal events and you’ll often find our suppliers on site sharing details of their latest product. We’re also committed to fundraising for our current charity partner.
Our business is fast paced and ever changing, as such we’ve lots of opportunities for you to play your part in our success. We’d love to meet you…
Some of the benefits you can expect as follows;
- 15% colleague discount in our stores and online, plus an additional 10% card for a friend or family member
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Four day working week with flexible working hours
- Company pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Perks with over 850 retailers
- Free parking onsite