Reporting to the Site Manager, the Technical Manager will be responsible for the management of our Technical department, maintaining site production/quality standards (as per customer and legal requirements) and ensuring the highest standards of food safety are upheld.
Reports to: Site Manager
– To ensure the site complies to BRC & all customer standards and that these standards are actively implemented throughout the site.
– To advise and promote best practice standards throughout the operation and to ensure customer satisfaction through system and specification verification.
– Responsible for achieving procedural compliance consistent with regulatory, legal and customer standards.
– Contribute to continuous improvement projects.
– Management of the Technical/Quality team.
– Management of company’s traceability program for key customer accounts.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in similar technical management role
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Technically competent with a good understanding of legislative and customer requirements.
• Able to demonstrate effective leadership and people management practices.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Lead auditor training/qualification an advantage.
• Experience in project management desirable.
• Ability to challenge peers and managers.
• An appropriate third level Degree or above or equivalent relevant experience.
• Communication skills
• Influencing Skills
• Problem Solving
• Results Oriented