Coupar-Angus PH13 9LU
Monday to Friday
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK’s largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 8,500 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Technical Manager you will report into the Head of Technical and be responsible for all technical activities on site. You will provide the site with a first-class technical service, which involves day to day management of the Technical / Quality Assurance function in line with the sites Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, legislative requirements, customer expectations and codes of practice. As a Technical Manager you will provide technical advice to all departments and our customers to maintain our long-lasting relationships.
· Performance manage your team
· Provide reports and summaries to allow easy trend analysis and monitoring of important quality and food safety (customer complaints, micro results, quality control information), allowing generation of robust improvement plans.
· Initiate and ensure internal/external audits are conducted as per agreed schedule and any resulting non-conformances are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Deal with customer complaints, investigations and ensuring preventative measures are in place
· Ensure the products leaving site meet the quality standards agreed
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have a proven track record working in a Technical role within food manufacturing. Bring those qualities along with the below and you will have the recipe for success:
· Food Science degree (desirable)
· Experience in a similar role within food manufacturing
o Raw meat is essential
o Poultry is desirable
· Knowledge of BRC/Red Tractor/Customer audits
· Retail experience (desirable)
· Used to managing a team
· Knowledge of HACCP along with qualifications to minimum level 3 (essential)
· Great communication skills
· IT skills
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!More details Share on twitter